Read these interesting facts about the Hispanic population in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Understanding different languages and cultures is paramount to a peaceful existence. Wishing a friend, colleague, employee or a client holiday greetings in their native language will certainly make them feel special and respected. Most Americans know exactly how to say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish thanks to José Feliciano’s catchy classic Christmas song, “Feliz Navidad” (You are singing it in your head right now, aren’t you?). “Feliz Navidad” has appeared on the Billboard Hot 100 chart several times and is one of the most frequently aired and downloaded Christmas songs in the United States and Canada.
At English to Spanish Raleigh, we love this tune because it uses both English and Spanish to spread a joyful message. Here are a few facts we recently learned about its Puerto Rican composer and singer, José Feliciano:
- His given name is José Montserrate Feliciano García.
- He was permanently blinded at birth due to congenital glaucoma.
- His first public music performance was at Teatro Puerto Rico in the Bronx. He was only nine years old!
- He composed a song called “No Dogs Allowed,” which recounts his first trip to London, where he wasn’t allowed to bring his guide dog.
- José Feliciano still performs and is still making music!
Wishing a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays in Spanish
If your business is sending our holiday greetings via email or cards, it’s certainly worth taking the extra effort to offer such greetings in Spanish to your Hispanic clients and employees.
Here are a few English to Spanish translations of popular holiday greetings:
- Happy Holidays – Felices Fiestas
- Season’s Greetings – Felices Pascuas
- My best wishes for Christmas and the New Year – Mis mejores deseos para Navidad y Año Nuevo
- Happy Hanukkah – Feliz Jánuca
- Happy new Year – Feliz Año Nuevo
Professional English to Spanish Translations in 2018
Resolve to better serve your Spanish-speaking customers in 2018 with a professional English to Spanish translation of your website and business documents. The translators of English to Spanish Raleigh are all native Spanish speakers who understand the nuances and cultural background of the Spanish language. This ensures and accurate and easy to understand translation that will establish trust with your Spanish-speaking clients.